All notable changes to this project's source code will be documented in this file. Items under
Unreleased is upcoming features that will be out in next version. NOTE: major versions of the npm module and the gem must be kept in sync.
Contributors: please follow the recommendations outlined at keepachangelog.com. Please use the existing headings and styling as a guide, and add a link for the version diff at the bottom of the file. Also, please update the
Unreleased link to compare to the latest release version.
Changes since last non-beta release.
Please add entries here for your pull requests that are not yet released.
10.1.3 - 2018-02-28
10.1.2 - 2018-02-27
- Use ReactDOM.hydrate() for hydrating a SSR component if available. ReactDOM.render() has been deprecated for use on SSR components in React 16 and this addresses the warning. PR 1028 by theJoeBiz.
10.1.1 - 2018-01-26
10.1.0 - 2018-01-23
- Added 2 cache helpers: ReactOnRails::Utils.bundle_file_name(bundle_name) and ReactOnRails::Utils.server_bundle_file_name for easy access to the hashed filenames for use in cache keys. PR 1018 by justin808.
- Use redux component in generated redux Hello World example: PR 1006 by lewaabahmad.
Utils.bundle_js_file_pathgenerating the incorrect path for
manifest.jsonin webpacker projects: Issue #1011 by elstgav
10.0.2 - 2017-11-10
10.0.1 - 2017-10-28
react_component_hashfunctionality in cases of prerendering errors: PR 960 by Judahmeek.
- Fix to add missing dependency to run generator spec individually: PR 962 by tricknotes.
- Fixes check for i18n_dir in LocalesToJs returning false when i18n_dir was set. PR 899 by hakongit.
- Fixed mistake in rubocop comments that led to errors when handling exceptions in ReactOnRails::ServerRendering::Exec PR 963 by railsme.
- Fixed and improved I18n directories checks: PR 967 by railsme
10.0.0 - 2017-10-08
react_component_hashmethod for react_helmet support.
react_componentfunctionality for react_helmet support. To clarify, the method itself is not deprecated, only certain functionality which has been moved to
react_component_hashPR 951 by Judahmeek.
9.0.3 - 2017-09-20
9.0.2 - 2017-09-10
9.0.1 - 2017-09-10
9.0.0 - 2017-09-06
9.0 from 8.x. Upgrade Instructions
Moved to our documentation.
8.0.7 - 2017-08-16
- Fixes generator bug by keeping blank line at top in case existing .gitignore does not end in a newline. #916 by justin808.
8.0.6 - 2017-07-19
- Fixes server rendering when using a CDN. Server rendering would try to fetch a file with the "asset_host". This change updates the webpacker_lite dependency to 2.1.0 which has a new helper
pack_path. #901 by justin808. Be sure to update webpacker_lite to 2.1.0.
- Fixes GitUtils.uncommitted_changes? throwing an error when called in an environment without Git, and allows install generator to be run successfully with
--ignore-warnings#878 by jasonblalock.
8.0.5 - 2017-07-04
devBuildvalue for webpack production build from webpackConfigLoader. #877 by chenqingspring.
- Remove contentBase deprecation warning message. #878 by ened .
- Removes invalid reference to _railsContext in the generated files. #886 by justin808.
- All tests run against Rails 5.1.2
Note: 8.0.4 skipped.
8.0.3 - 2017-06-19
8.0.2 - 2017-06-04
- Any failure in webpack to build test files quits tests.
- Fixed a Ruby 2.4 potential crash which could cause a crash due to pathname change in Ruby 2.4.
- CI Improvements:
- Switched to yarn link and removed relative path install of react-on-rails
- Removed testing of Turbolinks 2
- All tests run against Rails 5.1.1
- Fixed test failures against Ruby 2.4
- #862 by justin808
8.0.1 - 2017-05-30
8.0.0 - 2017-05-29
- Generators and full support for webpacker_lite
- No breaking changes to move to 8.0.0 other than the default for this setting changed to nil. If you depended on the default of this setting and are using the asset pipeline (and not webpacker_lite), then add this to your
- For an example of migration, see: react-webpack-rails-tutorial PR #395
- For a simple example of the webpacker_lite setup, run the basic generator.
8.0.0-beta.3 - 2017-05-27
- Major updates for WebpackerLite 2.0.2. #844 by justin808](https://github.com/justin808) with help from
- Logging no longer occurs when trace is turned to false. #845 by conturbo
8.0.0-beta.2 - 2017-05-08
8.0.0-beta.1 - 2017-05-03
Breaking change is that the default value of symlink_non_digested_assets_regex has changed from this old value to nil. This is a breaking change if you didn't have this value set in your config/initializers/react_on_rails.rb file and you need this because you're using webpack's CSS features and you have not switched to webpacker lite.
7.0.4 - 2017-04-27
7.0.3 - 2017-04-27
Same as 7.0.1.
7.0.2 - 2017-04-27
Accidental release of beta gem here
7.0.1 - 2017-04-27
7.0.0 - 2017-04-25
6.10.1 - 2017-04-23
- Improve json conversion with tests and support for older Rails 3.x. #787 by cheremukhin23 and Ynote.
6.10.0 - 2017-04-13
- Add an ability to return multiple HTML strings in a
Hashas a result of
react_componentmethod call. Allows to build
<head>contents with React Helmet. #800 by udovenko.
6.9.3 - 2017-04-03
6.9.2 - 2017-04-02
- Update version_checker.rb to
logger.warnfor gem/npm version mismatch. #788 by justin808.
- Remove pretty formatting of JSON in development. #789 by justin808
- Clear hydrated stores with each server rendered block. #785 by udovenko
6.9.1 - 2017-03-30
6.9.0 - 2017-03-29